Transition Berkeley is a volunteer-run community group. We welcome anyone and everyone's support and help! Our 2011-12 plans include:
- Building awareness about climate change, peak oil and economic instability through movie nights and other awareness events.
- Forming partnerships with allied organizations such as the Ecology Center, the City of Berkeley, the PLACE for Sustainable Living and the Victory Garden Foundation; we co-sponsor events and strategize how to best collaborate and help each other out.
- Creating signature projects that that help to build a resilient community, including Crop Swaps, Neighborhood Resilience workshops and Skill Shares.
- Reaching out to a diversity of individuals and community groups around critical topics like food security and neighborhood safety.
How we are organized: Our Initiating Team
The Initiating Team is a small but enthusiastic group of people interested in promoting and implementing the Transition concepts throughout Berkeley neighborhoods. (About Transition).
Our Initiating Team meets 1-2 times/month to plan events and conduct outreach. If you are interested in joining the Initiating Committee please contact Linda Currie.
Don't have time for meetings? There are many ways you can be involved!
We support any and all creative ideas for events, partnerships and projects involving the idea of making Berkeley a more resilient and sustainable place to live. OR...
- Volunteer with our weekly Crop Swap.
- Help to organize events.
- Help with online outreach, including the listserv and website management.
- Facilitate a study group.
Please contact us.
Facebook Like Button
Subscribe to Transition Berkeley Digest
WINTER CROP SWAP
Winter Swaps will be held monthly at Ohlone Park:
Swaps will take place the first Saturday of the month, starting;
Saturday, November 5th, 10:30am-11:30am at Ohlone Park in North Berkeley
Bring your crops, homemade yummies, clothing, books, ideas. Be part of this wonderful sharing economy! Could you lend a hand to keep the Swaps going? Contact Linda at the link below. Clothing, books, prepared food and other items to swap are welcome. Music and neighborhood free fun for all!