About their Approach
- Humanity's most pressing challenges of Climate Change, AIDS and Poverty are inextricably linked and require whole-system solutions.
- The status quo of top down philanthropy is failing.
- Funding is cut just when & where it is needed most.
- Those most affected have the least opportunities to influence global decisions affecting them.
- Real change requires a dramatically new approach.
- Real change requires all of us.
- Real change requires collaboration.
- Empowerment WORKS engages the best that each sector--Artists in Action, Social Entrepreneurs, For-Profit Businesses, Voluntary Organizations, Educational Centers and Responsible Media Groups--has to offer.
The Seven Stages to Sustainability
At the foundation of Empowerment WORKS is a collaboration road map called "7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS)" - empowering communities to build sustainable futures from the ground up.
EW's, 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) framework for community development models the way nature creates - tapping into the creative force in us all:
By expanding this collaborative framework within and beyond its global community of Partners in Empowerment, EW unites the most powerful & grass-roots citizens for a better world. Read more about them here.
Facebook Like Button
Subscribe to Transition Berkeley Digest
WINTER CROP SWAP
Winter Swaps will be held monthly at Ohlone Park:
Swaps will take place the first Saturday of the month, starting;
Saturday, November 5th, 10:30am-11:30am at Ohlone Park in North Berkeley
Bring your crops, homemade yummies, clothing, books, ideas. Be part of this wonderful sharing economy! Could you lend a hand to keep the Swaps going? Contact Linda at the link below. Clothing, books, prepared food and other items to swap are welcome. Music and neighborhood free fun for all!